Speaker | MC | Q&A |
Being a versatile screen and media professional with a broad background means I have a cache of real world anecdotes from behind the velvet ropes of fame and infamy – as well as getting a backstage pass to the front line of the Middle East war. I have lots of optional audio-visual content that can add colour and value to your event. I can follow a brief with strict guidelines and/or work with you to craft presentation content that helps deliver your message to your target audience.
I’ve interviewed 500+ people ranging from Oscar winners – Morgan Freeman and Tarantino to CEOs, scientists, ordinary people doing extraordinary things, mercenaries, pirates in prison, politicians, assorted eccentrics and even the odd criminal. Building on industry experience, I attained a Master of Creative Arts (UTS, 2019) researching empathy in documentary and VR as well as developed a script template that communicates creative ideas to potential funders. I’m immersed in a PhD exploring the nature of impact (UTS, 2022-26) and continue to write scripts, books and make documentary content while lecturing in production and film analysis.
I can research a specific material for your event or deliver one of my specialty topics:
Ticketyboo – award-winning social impact feature documentary. It’s a deeply personal story of dealing with my artist father’s dementia – what I got wrong and what I got right. I have many anecdotes about coping, clips and footage to share, and an illustrated book about my journey with him. I can craft a keynote, a visual presentation, speak on Q&A panels and also give a humorous, inspiring after-dinner talk about finding the joy in dementia. Social impact resulting from Ticketyboo is also the focus of my PhD.
Transition Management – dealing with the challenge of change.
Going Back To School – the rewards of concurrent and continued education in the workplace.
Clients & Gigs
- MC The 2023 RCIS Awards Ceremony & Dinner – Shangri-La Grand Ballroom
- MC The 2019 Australian Fraud Awards (AFAs) – Pier One Sydney Harbour
- MC + Q&A Panel Moderator – Nestlé NAN Toddler Milk Drink event 2019 – Sydney Opera House
- MC + Q&A – Creative Women in Conversation – International Women’s Day 2019 (NSCC)
- Presentation of my own documentary / VR research at the Screen Studies of Australia & Aotearoa/New Zealand (SSAAANZ) Conference at Monash Uni 2018
- Presentation of my own documentary / VR research at Dial S for Screen Studies conference 2018, UNSW
- Q&A Panel – Madhattan feature documentary event 2018 (NSCC) Dir: Caroline Constantine ACS
- MC offis 2016 eClub + Q&A with special guest, Amazon’s Futurist, HB Siegel (previous: Pixar, Lucasfilm / Industrial Light & Magic)
- MC Australian Cinematographers Society (ACS) NSW and ACT Awards with special guest, award-winning actor, Michael Caton 2016
- MC / Moderator – Australian Cinematographers Society SMPTE Panel event 2015 – Creative Collaboration: TV Drama
- MC – Skunkmonk panel event 2015
- Panelist – Age Of Adaline screening + Q&A event 2015
- Keynote Speaker – SAE Graduation Class Of 2014 – Seymour Centre, Sydney
- MC – eClub Xmas Speakers Event at Cockle Bay 2014
- MC – SpinalCure Gala Oscars Luncheon 2014
- Host + Q&A Media Room 2014 AACTA lunch + awards ceremonies – interview award winners
- MC + Moderate Q&A Panel – Skunkmonk panel events
- Co-Host with Rodger Corser – 2013 Oscars SpinalCure Gala Lunch
- MC – A VIP Audience With George Clooney – Global Leadership Forum
- MC – Forces Advisory Council Entertainment [FACE] – 12 events in Afghanistan and Iraq
- Guest Speaker – Futuro Investment Group – visual presentation of what I saw at the Middle East war
- MC + Q&A Panel Moderator – Australian Cinematographers Society State and National Gala Awards
- Kodak Q&As with Oscar-winning filmmakers – Q&A with Oscar winning cinematographers
- Co-MC – Andrew Gibbs 3 Decades Gala Birthday – Hayman Island (private function)
- MC – Garvan Institute Ball
- MC – Wesley Mission Awards