Speaker | MC | Q&A |
Being a versatile screen and media professional with a broad background means I have a cache of real world anecdotes from behind the velvet ropes of fame and infamy; getting a backstage pass to the front line of the Middle East war with optional audio-visual content that can add colour and value to your event.
I’ve interviewed 500+ people ranging from Oscar winners – Morgan Freeman and Tarantino to CEOs, scientists, ordinary people doing extraordinary things, mercenaries, pirates in prison, politicians, assorted eccentrics and even the odd criminal. I continue to write scripts, books and make documentary content while lecturing in production and film analysis.
I can research a specific material for your event or deliver one of my specialty topics:
Ticketyboo – award-winning social impact feature documentary. It’s a deeply personal story of dealing with my artist father’s dementia – what I got wrong and what I got right. I have many anecdotes about coping, clips and footage to share, and an illustrated book about my journey with him. I can craft a keynote, a visual presentation, speak on Q&A panels and also give a humorous, inspiring after-dinner talk about finding the joy in dementia. Social impact resulting from Ticketyboo is also the focus of my PhD.
Transition Management – dealing with the challenge of change.
Going Back To School – the rewards of concurrent and continued education in the workplace.
Speaker | MC
Contact & Book Me
You can find my profiles on ICMI, acta and Finders Speakers (launching late 2022). Past clients and events are listed below. Please get in touch direct via the Contact page or button below and we can discuss your event date/s, topics and budget.
Clients & Gigs
- MC The 2019 Australian Fraud Awards (AFAs) – Pier One Sydney Harbour
- MC + Q&A Panel Moderator – Nestlé NAN Toddler Milk Drink event 2019 – Sydney Opera House
- MC + Q&A – Creative Women in Conversation – International Women’s Day 2019 (NSCC)
- Presentation of my own documentary / VR research at the Screen Studies of Australia & Aotearoa/New Zealand (SSAAANZ) Conference at Monash Uni 2018
- Presentation of my own documentary / VR research at Dial S for Screen Studies conference 2018, UNSW
- Q&A Panel – Madhattan feature documentary event 2018 (NSCC) Dir: Caroline Constantine ACS
- MC offis 2016 eClub + Q&A with special guest, Amazon’s Futurist, HB Siegel (previous: Pixar, Lucasfilm / Industrial Light & Magic)
- MC Australian Cinematographers Society (ACS) NSW and ACT Awards with special guest, award-winning actor, Michael Caton 2016
- MC / Moderator – Australian Cinematographers Society SMPTE Panel event 2015 – Creative Collaboration: TV Drama
- MC – Skunkmonk panel event 2015
- Panelist – Age Of Adaline screening + Q&A event 2015
- Keynote Speaker – SAE Graduation Class Of 2014 – Seymour Centre, Sydney
- MC – eClub Xmas Speakers Event at Cockle Bay 2014
- MC – SpinalCure Gala Oscars Luncheon 2014
- Host + Q&A Media Room 2014 AACTA lunch + awards ceremonies – interview award winners
- MC + Moderate Q&A Panel – Skunkmonk panel events
- Co-Host with Rodger Corser – 2013 Oscars SpinalCure Gala Lunch
- MC – A VIP Audience With George Clooney – Global Leadership Forum
- MC – Forces Advisory Council Entertainment [FACE] – 12 events in Afghanistan and Iraq
- Guest Speaker – Futuro Investment Group – visual presentation of what I saw at the Middle East war
- MC + Q&A Panel Moderator – Australian Cinematographers Society State and National Gala Awards
- Kodak Q&As with Oscar-winning filmmakers – Q&A with Oscar winning cinematographers
- Co-MC – Andrew Gibbs 3 Decades Gala Birthday – Hayman Island (private function)
- MC – Garvan Institute Ball
- MC – Wesley Mission Awards